Saturday, November 8, 2014

Week Two- C. Pomerleau

Finally, a sunny day out!  Jumped in my car today and headed into town to snap some pictures.  It was interesting viewing the town from a different angle.   I am not sure if I am editing these correctly in photo shop, but I guess it is a little trial and error in the beginning.  Also, I was not sure if I needed to post two photos or more so I went with more.

My first stop was at the Paul Mellon Arts Center at Choate.  I love the angles of this building.  I was going to take a picture up close, but I loved the way the clouds and path looked like they radiated from the building as well as the shadows on the grass...  


I love these 'old ladies' in town.  I only wish they were painted in bright Victorian colors!

For some reason, this picture does not look the same as it did in photo shop.  Hmmm.....   Am I saving it wrong?  The original photo came out pretty good by this one looks like the lines in it are broken.

This is the view inside of a business, taken through the window.  I liked the way the shadows fell.



I realize this is not a picture of a building, but I had to include it.  I love the way the dark tree looks against the bright tree behind it. 

3 comments:

  1. I really like the colors and shadows in the picture with the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Cythia,

    I like the way you articulated visual thinking in your description of the Arts Center images. You thought about what you were including and why. I couldn't ask for more.

    I also like the chairs and light and shadow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the shots at Choate...I happen to love the sky and even though Professor Nevins told me to focus in more unless the picture is "About Sky" I often can't help wanting to include it in my shots! It looks like you captured the sky perfectly here and it adds a great deal of color definition to both of those images along with the vibrant green grass!
    Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete