Saturday, November 15, 2014

Week Three, Water Images from Wallingford

Once again it was a gorgeous day to go outside and snap some photos, even if it was cold!  Before we know it, the leaves will all be gone and we will be snapping pictures of the snow!  I always find it relaxing to be around nature, especially the water. 
 
This first picture is of the Quinnipiac River.  I love the reflections of the trees off of the water. 
 
 

These pictures were taken from the North Farms Reservoir in Wallingford.  I like the way the sunlight reflects off of the waves in the photos and I can understand why Monet loved to paint water lilies so much! 


Most of the leaves I came across today were faded and brown, so I was happy to find these nestled together floating on top of the water.  Once again, I love the reflection on the ripples in the water.  From this angle the water looks almost indigo...

 
 These next two photos were also taken at the reservoir which is hard to believe because they are so 'lacking' in color.  I liked the textures in the photos, especially the second one.   Initially I thought I would pump up the color in photo shop, but I kind of like the lack of color...  This part of the reservoir is in an area without many currents.  There was actually some ice forming on the waters surface in this shot as well as the one below it. 



Just when I thought I was all alone, this guy showed up...  I really like the second photo of the seagull with its reflection in the water.  By this point, my hands were shaking from the cold, but he is obviously insulated from it! 


 
These last two photos were taken earlier in the week.  The first is of a stream nestled just outside of the center of town.  It is located in a place easy to miss, hidden from the world (almost in plain sight).  After climbing down an embankment and nearly falling into the water, I snapped this photo. 


This next picture is off of a side street in town, behind a park.  I love the bridge and the shadows in this photo.  It is taken from a bit of a distance, but I think it makes a pretty picture.


2 comments:

  1. Cynthia I absolutely love your shot of the water lilies!! Beautifully captured!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second one up from the bottom is strong.. I like the contrast of the blue sky with the warm leaves. The close ups of the leaves near the top are strong... Filling the frame like this is a good thing.... and your pumped up color is your expression...

    Great.

    ReplyDelete