Saturday, November 15, 2014

Week 3 Water Environments

I'm getting into the habit of naming my pics before I edit them. In efforts to give you all an idea of my focus on each image.
                                                       I call this: FOOTPRINTS
                                                Taken on the shorefront Milford, CT




Shells&Nails
This image was taken at the boating dock in City Point New Haven, CT
 
 
 
 
STACKED
Image taken also at City Point
New Haven, CT near Sound High School
 
 
 
Crossing Over
Taken on Front St New Haven, CT
 
 
 
 
Tunnel Vision
Under the Orange St bridge New Haven, CT
Nature Trail explorations of the Mill River
 
 
 
River Reflections
On top of the Orange St bridge New Haven, CT
Nature Trail explorations of the Mill River
 
 
SO THE FOLLOWING 2 IMAGES ARE MY FAVORITE.
I FOUND MYSELF EXPLORING AREAS OF MY TOWN THAT I NEVER KNEW EXISTED...AT THE LAKE WHITNEY WATER FILTRATION PLANT IN HAMDEN LIES THIS DAM. I'VE BEEN LIVING IN HAMDEN SINCE 1998, PASSED BY THIS AREA  PROBABLY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS MAYBE EVEN A MILLION TIMES AND I NEVER KNEW I COULD GET THIS CLOSE TO ITS BEAUTY.
THERE'S A TRAIL THAT LEADS YOU RIGHT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE DAM. I HAD TO CAREFULLY MANUEVER THROUGH SOME COMPROMISING AREAS BUT IT WAS ALL WORTH IT FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL SHOT.
 
 
Whitney Dam
Whitney DamII
Lake Whitney Water Filtration Plant Hamden, CT
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Parris,
    I love the pictures you posted. I especially love the one titled "River Reflections" as well as "Tunnel Vision".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent series Parris! So glad to see you on track now...Putting yourself out there and being open to what can happen is a big part of the class. I'm so glad you were rewarded with such a nice series. "Footprints" has such nicely observed light and texture. Tunnel vision is well composed... Ditto for all of them really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the color of the trees in "River Reflections" and the texture of the water in the first Whitney Dam picture. All of these pictures have a cool range of color.

    ReplyDelete