Monday, November 24, 2014

Shadows & Light

Capturing shadow and lights this past week was a bit challenging. I hope you all can appreciate these images as some were shot in eagerness while other with some hesitation.

More Tunnel Vision
 

In the second week's images "Urban Enviornments"
I posted a shot of the Webster bank building,
it was a gold glass structure. This image captures the
shadows casts onto the paralleled building;
the New Haven Supreme Courthouse
I spotted this chandelier while walking
on the opposite side of the street. When I
 approached the window I was able
to see how the reflections and
shadows played into the shot.

I thought the structure of these lights gave
off a nice triangulared image on this building.
 
This is Phelps Gate at Yale's Old Main Campus

Silhouette

Smilow Cancer Hospital Blues
 
 
I took a few shots of this pole trying to
capture the best image of it's shadow.
In 2 of the 3 images someone walked into my picture.
By the time the walkway was clear, the sun decided to hide
behind a cloud and this was the best of the 4.

Here, these are the clouds that blocked my shot!
The sun played a good game of hide and seek

I still am trying to determine where these
reflections of light came from....nevertheless
I thought they looked cool on the side of this building.

2 comments:

  1. I must have been at school when I first commented then got distracted and didn't hit "publish"... who knows...

    Anyway, this is a very good series. I love the bottom one with the light projections all over the side of the building...

    Ditto for "silhouette"... the shadow of the tree on the building is very good..

    Phelps Gate is a classic... the light in the end of the tunnel is a long standing human metaphor and the way it is framed by the arch in stone is well seen.

    "More Tunnel Vision" is also very well seen and composed. Your use of one point perspective leads the viewer's eye perfectly to the focal point.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shapes and colors of the chandelier picture.

    ReplyDelete