Monday, December 8, 2014

Portraits of Those I Love

This week we took portrait photos using natural light.  Being December, the sun was not all that cooperative...  I can's say we were not warned, but I found working with live models much harder than our prior projects.
 
This first photo is of my mother and the second is my dad.  My mom is a really good woman and I tried to capture her personality in the photos.  The second photo of my dad with the grin on his face really captures him to me.  He has a number of health issues, but does not let them drag him down. 
 
 
These next two photos are of my collie Redford.
  The photo of him looking out the window captures his personality pretty good.  He is always on guard, watching over the entire neighborhood.  I think I like this photo best.
The second photo is Redford "off duty" laying on a sunny spot of the bed.
 
 
Two more picture of mom and dad. 
 

1 comment:

  1. The shot of Redford looking out the window is the quintessential "fried egg". His face is beautifully illuminated by the incoming light. See how you had less control over the light on your parents? Take the bottom one of your mom... if you asked her to turn toward her right, then the light would illuminate the front of her face. Take a look at Maks' work indoors with an umbrella which works to look like window light... where does the light fall on his model's face?

    You are right, working with people is much harder!

    Great that your parents were so cooperative!

    ReplyDelete