Sunday, December 21, 2014

Portrait & Lighting

I recently purchased a 60"x 60" white projector screen which seemed to work nicely as the light reflector for this project.
This project was a whole new experience for me which I ended up really enjoying the new found perspective. It started a bit slow. When the model was simply staring out of the window, she appeared very bored and the pictures seemed posed. Since she is very playful by nature, I asked her to just do what she would do if she was hanging out by a window. She proceeded to play with her phone, draw on the window, and stare into the distance. I was afraid these would be the things that would make the photos appear "posed", but they actually were very candid capturing her being herself.









1 comment:

  1. Excellent job Anthony! You really "got" the idea here... your framing and lighting is impeccable. I prefer to call these "controlled candids"... as you are in control of how the image will appear to the viewer, with a definite "vision" on your part.

    Congratulations, well done!

    ReplyDelete