Thursday, October 30, 2014

Attendance and Posting

Hi Everyone,

As you probably know, I am required to take attendance twice per week.  I use posts to the blog as the evidence you are participating in class.  The college requires me to do this and if a student misses 4 attendance checks, they are administratively withdrawn from the class.  It is a strict policy to help avoid future issues with student loan default, etc.

I like to see your work posted by midnight on Sunday for the week's work. This week that means a short bio and inventive self portrait and evidence of comments on other students posts. If I see comments but no new work in a week, that would be 1 absence out of 2.

Remember that you can come to see me at school or call me at home if you need help getting started.

The expectation is that you will go shooting every week, about 50-100 shots, then edit them down to your best 5-10 images that are edited for focal point and light.  Post your work here.  Get into the rhythm and you will learn much along the way.

For next week, I'd like you to shoot in an urban or town environment, moving in close and looking for interesting light and geometry.

Best Wishes......


2 comments:

  1. I am not sure if I am supposed to be commenting to this post or not... I do not see any student posts on here, but it is possible they are just not posted yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, no need to respond to this... I'm most interested in the student to student comments....

    ReplyDelete